Monday, October 3, 2011

Art buildings and things that go bump in the night

We looked at buildings today. Old buildings that nobody has loved in a very long time, if ever.  Old boarded up buildings, rain damaged floors and ceilings, way too many pigeons....I love old buildings. The greatness of them. Of course all I want to do is paint them. I can smell the spray already. 
One of the rooms was full of paint cans. Everyone was chatting about the outside and I took a moment to look around and realized I was standing in wall to wall paint.'oh my, paint...' 
 It was funny, as soon as the realtor realized what I was looking at he quickly said " oh, all of that stuff will be removed"  NOOOOOOOOOO! 
Why can't people get the whole recycle-reuse idea? The concept isn't all that hard. 
We are a country of waste. It is rather shameful at times. 
Maybe one of the buildings will work out. It would be nice to live downtown again. It would be nice to be able to paint again. It would be nice to be able to live AND paint where I live. 
My little spare room in the house where I was a wife for so many years is getting smaller and smaller by the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment